While it’s nearly impossible to count the number of digital nomads living and working around the world, the trend is certainly growing. A quarter of the respondents in our recent Slash Workers report said they were digital nomads, and NomadList founder Pieter Levels predicts that there will be 1 billion of them by 2035.
There’s something big brewing—but how does one even begin to plan for a nomadic lifestyle? We addressed this question in our new book, “ANYWHERE,” which is free to download.
Since living and working as a digital nomad is such a unique experience, we leaned on insights from more than 100 people who have been there before to capture the fundamentals of living a nomadic lifestyle. Each chapter was written by a current digital nomad, and dozens of best practices from their peers can be found throughout the chapters.
- How to transition your life and your career to that of a nomad
- How to build your remote work safety net
- How to select the host city & living situation that’s right for you
- How to navigate the tax & legal complexities that a nomadic lifestyle can bring
- How to effectively communicate with clients & colleagues afar
- How to approach wellness, self-care and family life as a nomad
- How to be a respectful nomad & true student of the world
Miss our first book? Download “Welcome to Your Independence” to read our primer on what it takes to build your freelance business.