Use this template to create a professional simple invoice for your freelance or contract work. Simply fill the invoice out with your information, download it in whichever format works best for you (.doc, .xls, or .pdf), and send it off.
Anyone who works on a freelance or contract basis may need to send an invoice in order to be paid for their work. This simple invoice gives you the flexibility and customizability to craft the perfect invoice for your particular line of work.
The specifics of what you include in your invoice depend on the type of work you are doing. This simple invoice template only includes the required information, to keep things simple. The information to include is:
• The name, address, and phone number of the company or person you are invoicing
• Your name, address, and phone number (or that of your small business)
• The current date
• The date by which you expect to be paid
• The method of payment you prefer
• A brief description of the work you did, and the cost of each piece of work listed (either a flat fee or an hourly rate)
• The grand total, including sales tax if necessary
When you submit your invoice will depend on the agreement you have with your client, but the most common times to send invoices are as soon as the work is complete, or at the end of the month.
After you submit your invoice, you should receive your payment by the date you specified. If you do not receive your payment by this time, check in with the client or company to confirm that your invoice was received. Keep in mind the method of payment you specified, so that you make sure you are looking in the right place for the payment.
Create beautiful, custom invoices in seconds. Accept payments online, receive alerts in real-time and get paid faster.START NOW
Join over 300,000 businesses