Use this itemized template to create a professional invoice. Simply fill the blank invoice out with your information, download it in whichever format works best for you (.doc, .xls, or .pdf), and send it off.
If you work on a freelance or contract basis, you likely need to submit an invoice in order to be paid. If the type of work you do comes down to a number of discrete tasks, an itemized invoice will be the best way to indicate the work you’ve done and what is owed to you. It also allows you to charge different amounts for different types of work.
The specifics of what you include in your invoice depend on the type of work you are doing. However, in order to be paid promptly, be sure to include the following information in your itemized invoice:
• The name, address, and phone number of the company or person you are invoicing
• Your name, address, and phone number (or that of your small business)
• The current date
• The date by which you expect to be paid
• Your preferred method of payment
• An itemized list of all the work you did. For example, if you are submitting an itemized invoice for lawn care work, you might include an itemized list of: mulching; weeding; mowing, etc.
• The cost of each itemized piece of work. You may have different rates for different tasks, and for each task it might be a flat fee or an hourly rate. If it is hourly, also include the number of hours and multiply to get the total.
• The grand total, including sales tax if necessary
When you submit your invoice will depend on the agreement you have with your client, but the most common times to send invoices are as soon as the work is complete, or at the end of the month.
After you submit your invoice, you should receive your payment by the date you specified. If you do not receive your payment by this time, check in with the client or company to confirm that your invoice was received. Keep in mind the method of payment you specified, so that you make sure you are looking in the right place for the payment.
Create beautiful, custom invoices in seconds. Accept payments online, receive alerts in real-time and get paid faster.START NOW
Join over 200,000 businesses