Use this template to create a professional invoice for your hourly freelance work. Simply fill the hourly invoice out with your information, download it in whichever format works best for you (.doc, .xls, or .pdf), and send it off.
If you are working in a freelance or contract capacity, and are paid by the hour, you will likely need to submit an hourly invoice in order to be paid. However, it’s always helpful to confirm this with the client engaging your services.
The specifics of what you include in your invoice depend on the type of work you are doing. However, in order to be paid promptly, be sure to include the following information in your hourly invoice:
• The name, address, and phone number of the company or person you are invoicing
• Your name, address, and phone number (or that of your small business)
• The current date
• The date by which you expect to be paid
• Your preferred method of payment
• A brief description of the work you did
• Your hourly rate, the number of hours you worked, and the total due based on multiplying these numbers
• The grand total, including sales tax if necessary
When you submit your invoice will depend on the agreement you have with the client or company engaging your services, but it is common to submit an hourly invoice at the end of the month.
After you submit your invoice, you should receive your payment by the date you specified. If you do not receive your payment by this time, check in with the client or company to confirm that your invoice was received. Keep in mind the method of payment you specified, so that you make sure you are looking in the right place for the payment.
Create beautiful, custom invoices in seconds. Accept payments online, receive alerts in real-time and get paid faster.START NOW
Join over 200,000 businesses